Like many Malaysians during the enforcement of the Movement Control Order, I spent a whole lot of time at home. With working from
bed home being the norm, I began to notice that my bedroom was a bit of a mess.
And when I say a bit, what I meant to say was ‘how the heck did I manage to live in this bedroom for more than one day?’ kind of mess. Well, just take a look at my bedroom before MCO below and you’d understand.
(Warning: you may have the urge to come down to my home and clean my room after seeing these photos.)
Yikes! Come to think of it, now all the naggings from my mom about me treating my bedroom like a refugee camp and asking me to clean up the room makes a whole lot of sense.
And cleaned up I did, and then some. Seeing as MCO gave us extra time confined at home, Shopee became my new best friend and I bought a few items online to transform my room.
Here are the photos of my bedroom after the makeover:
After MCO (but before RMCO)
Much better, don’t you think?
Here’s a breakdown of all the items I bought for this DIY project and the cost of each so that you can buy them if you’re interested.
I’ll break it down to all 4 corners of the room and of course, all links are also included.
1. The sleeping area
- The wooden bed base – RM300 Custom pallet bed from Pallet Garage. They’re based in Shah Alam and make awesome wooden stuff.
- The bed sheets – RM16.90
- The blackout drapes – RM18 for W100cm x L130cm
- Remote controllable LED lights under bed & on table – RM21 for 5 metres
- Wall fan with remote – RM149
2. The desk area
- That wooden desk lamp – Found it broken in my home and thought it looks nice so I fixed it.
- Plant – RM13 from Perfect by Tesco. As real as my love life.
- Keyboard – RM130 RK61 Bluetooth Mechanical Keyboard
- Keyboard and mouse mat – RM3
- Pinboard – DIY from cardboard and used boxes.
- Bluetooth speaker – RM150 Xiaomi Outdoor Bluetooh Speaker
- White 3D brick wallpaper – RM3.79 for 1 piece (77cm x 70cm).
- Table – Writing Office Desk with 4 Tier Book Shelf – RM103.90
- Chair – Office Adjustable Swivel Chair RM79.90
- Wooden wall shelves – Wooden Iron Storage holder RM27.88
3. The other side of the wall
- Grey 3D wallpaper – RM4.19 for 1 piece of 70cm x 77cm. Its foam is thicker than the white ones on the other side.
- London/Porto/Tokyo Map Posters – RM14.88 each. Got a selection of a few cities. I DIY-ed a cardboard behind them and stuck it with velcro so it’s interchangeable.
- World Map – RM24 Custom Papel DE world map W125cm x L80cm (it’s actually a wallpaper but i DIY-ed on a cardboard and put wainscoating around it)
- Mirror – RM25 from Tesco
- The iron hanging stuff thingy – RM10 from Perfect by Tesco
- The plants – RM7 each. They’re as real as my love life.
- The black iron shelf with towel hanger – RM53
- The grey pegboards – RM34.30 ALX Nordic for 6 pieces of 22cm x 22cm
4. Wardrobe area
- Open wardrobe – RM129 Okura Living 3 Tier Wardrobe
- Drawer Units – RM54 Ikea Lennart Drawer. Bought from Shopee because its cheaper when you add shipping costs
- Wall clock – RM15 from Kaison
5. Bonus: Door
- Yes, I even deco-ed my door. 70cm x 70cm 3D wooden wallpaper bought at Kaison.
Well, this room makeover goes to show that regardless how bleak the situation looked during the first spread of Covid-19, something bright could happen if we put our effort to it.
Have you done any personal or family projects during MCO? Got any awesome makeovers to share? Post them in the comments!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...