The blood bank at our national blood centre (Pusat Darah Negara) is running out of O positive blood type and the Ministry of Health is urging blood donors for help.
Panggilan kepada penderma darah O Positif untuk tampil menderma darah.
Derma darah, selamatkan nyawa.
Terima kasih daun keladi.
Andalah wira Malaysia. pic.twitter.com/rf9kLapxzl
— PusatDarahNegara (@PDNKKM) July 30, 2020
Pusat Darah Negara posted on Twitter that they are open for donations from 30th July to 2nd August 2020 at these locations:
Pusat Darah Negara, Jalan Tun Razak
- 30th July (Thursday) – 7.30am – 6.00pm
- 31st July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 8.00am – 6.00pm
Pusat Darah Negara Donation Suite, Midvalley Megamall
Opening hours: 30th July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 10.00am to 9.00pm
Suite Derma Darah Puspanita, Presint 10 Putrajaya
Opening hours: 30th July to 2nd August (Friday to Sunday) – 10.00am to 6.00pm
According to MyHealth, these are the requirements you need to fulfill if you plan to become a Whole Blood Donor:
- Aged between 18 and 60 years old (for those less than 18, written consent from parents or legal guardian is required).
- Body weight of at least 45 kg.
- In good physical and mental health with no chronic medical illness.
- Not on long term medications and has not been intoxicated by alcohol within 24 hours prior to donation.
- Should not be fasting and have had enough sleep (more than 5 hours) the night before donating.
- Has been staying in Malaysia for at least one year (for non-citizen).
If you’re a positive O blood type and you fulfill all the requirements listen above, please consider becoming a blood donor as you could save many lives who need it.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...