Connect with us

Culture

Restaurants’ Cleanliness In Malaysia Getting Worse As Disgusting Posts Flood Social Media

Published

on

Look Before You Eat! Malaysia's Dirty Eateries Have Been Going Viral in Social Media - World Of Buzz 5

One of Malaysians most loved pastime is definitely to eat, as evidenced by the many varieties and types of food available in our country.

Admittedly one of the worst things that can happen is when you are all prepared to dig in to your food… but then you suddenly find something unsavoury in it!

Look Before You Eat! Malaysia's Dirty Eateries Have Been Going Viral in Social Media - World Of Buzz

This is exactly (and very much shockingly) what happened recently as Malaysia’s social media platforms have been rocked by case after case of eateries serving contaminated food shared by users.

In about one week alone, we stumbled across at least 4 contamination cases virally shared on social media, and those are just the ones we know of!

From a rat found in 7-Eleven’s food warmer…

 - World Of Buzz

 

…to cockroach remains in a hot milo from McDonald’s

Malaysian Lady Found Several Baby Cockroaches In Her Hot Milo From McDonald's - World Of Buzz 2

 

Then there’s maggots squirming in Old Town’s chili sauce.

Look Before You Eat! Malaysia's Dirty Eateries Have Been Going Viral in Social Media - World Of Buzz 3

Worse, it looks like the family already at some of it. *gags*

Look Before You Eat! Malaysia's Dirty Eateries Have Been Going Viral in Social Media - World Of Buzz 4

 

To top it all off (no pun intended), there’s the case where a girl noticed ants crawling all over the dish served her while dining in Sushi Zanmai. EEEKK!

Look Before You Eat! Malaysia's Dirty Eateries Have Been Going Viral in Social Media - World Of Buzz 2

Bear in mind that these all happened just a little over a span of one WEEK!

In fact, food contamination cases have been happening so much that reading a social media post about worms/insects in your food has become quite a ‘norm’.

And cases like these are really raising questions about the standards of cleanliness for places that serve food.

How exactly are these eateries operating and how long has it actually been going on? Imagine if you did not scrutinise your food and just ate it blindly, trusting that these places have done their responsibility to serve patrons food that are edible.

You could be ingesting all sorts of bacteria and bugs that will ultimately cause food poisoning or something even worse.

 

 

Hopefully the authorities will do something to tighten the cleanliness standards of eateries, for the sake of the public’s health.

In the meantime, folks, do check your food carefully before you put anything in your mouth!

TRENDING