Singapore’s Ministry of Health recently announced that it aimed to increase its Covid-19 testing to 40,000 tests per day by the latter half of the year. But to carry out such a large-scale operation, the nation needs more people on board to carry out these tests. And they’re willing to pay for it too.
According to the nation’s Ministry of Health page, Covid-19 test swabbers can earn up to $3,800 (RM11,608) per month! And before you ask, no, they don’t need any experience in healthcare to be eligible for this job. You will, however, need a Singaporean citizenship or PR to apply for this position. All successfully shortlisted applicants will be provided training as said on the SG Healthcare Corps website.
Job vacancies are available for Swab Assistants and Swabbers following a job posting released to the public under the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), a division under the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), reports Today Online.
Once they are hired, they’ll start off as a Swab Assistant, making about $3,400 (RM10,375) a month, before being promoted to a swabber. Swabbers earn $3,800 (RM11,608) a month. If they’re successful, they may be stationed in Government Quarantine Facilities, Community Recovery Facilities, nursing homes and other public premises. Hired applicants will work six days a week over a period of half a year, with the option to extend their services for three more months once the six months are up.
So what exactly does the job entail? Well, if you’re a Swab Assistant, you’ll have to:
- Make sure the right person shows up at their stated appointment time for on-site registration by cross-checking their name and ID number with the namelist provided by the camp.
- Fill in registration and lab forms completely.
- Disinfect chairs and tables after each patient enters during triage and registration. Prepare tissue paper for patients if required.
- Coordinate with ushers to approach the individual patient with swab kits and (correct client names) at their respective areas of designation.
- Inform client on swab process, potential discomfort and the steps that will proceed after the swabs.
- Prepare and seal specimen bag/bags for swabber to deposit specimen container after each swab.
- Triaging of patients
On the other hand, if you’re a Swabber, the job description requires you to:
- Check with verified patients for any respiratory symptoms/contraindications based on the checklist provided.
- Coordinate with medical doctors to swab and attend to isolated clients who are declared positive for respiratory symptoms/contraindications.
- Double-check correct client name labels on swab kits and ensure 1-meter distance at all times.
- Perform Nasopharyngeal swab procedure to collect specimens for lab testing. Attach patient sticker with lab number onto specimen container after each swab.
- Follow necessary procedures and secure the swab in the UTM on lab provided rack.
- Check-in on client’s well being at all times before and after swab.
What do you guys think of this?
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...