Singapore Is Paying RM11,600 Monthly To Covid-19 Swab Testers With No Prior Healthcare Experience
Singapore’s Ministry of Health recently announced that it aimed to increase its Covid-19 testing to 40,000 tests per day by the latter half of the year. But to carry out such a large-scale operation, the nation needs more people on board to carry out these tests. And they’re willing to pay for it too.
According to the nation’s Ministry of Health page, Covid-19 test swabbers can earn up to $3,800 (RM11,608) per month! And before you ask, no, they don’t need any experience in healthcare to be eligible for this job. You will, however, need a Singaporean citizenship or PR to apply for this position. All successfully shortlisted applicants will be provided training as said on the SG Healthcare Corps website.
Job vacancies are available for Swab Assistants and Swabbers following a job posting released to the public under the Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), a division under the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC), reports Today Online.
Once they are hired, they’ll start off as a Swab Assistant, making about $3,400 (RM10,375) a month, before being promoted to a swabber. Swabbers earn $3,800 (RM11,608) a month. If they’re successful, they may be stationed in Government Quarantine Facilities, Community Recovery Facilities, nursing homes and other public premises. Hired applicants will work six days a week over a period of half a year, with the option to extend their services for three more months once the six months are up.
So what exactly does the job entail? Well, if you’re a Swab Assistant, you’ll have to:
- Make sure the right person shows up at their stated appointment time for on-site registration by cross-checking their name and ID number with the namelist provided by the camp.
- Fill in registration and lab forms completely.
- Disinfect chairs and tables after each patient enters during triage and registration. Prepare tissue paper for patients if required.
- Coordinate with ushers to approach the individual patient with swab kits and (correct client names) at their respective areas of designation.
- Inform client on swab process, potential discomfort and the steps that will proceed after the swabs.
- Prepare and seal specimen bag/bags for swabber to deposit specimen container after each swab.
- Triaging of patients
On the other hand, if you’re a Swabber, the job description requires you to:
- Check with verified patients for any respiratory symptoms/contraindications based on the checklist provided.
- Coordinate with medical doctors to swab and attend to isolated clients who are declared positive for respiratory symptoms/contraindications.
- Double-check correct client name labels on swab kits and ensure 1-meter distance at all times.
- Perform Nasopharyngeal swab procedure to collect specimens for lab testing. Attach patient sticker with lab number onto specimen container after each swab.
- Follow necessary procedures and secure the swab in the UTM on lab provided rack.
- Check-in on client’s well being at all times before and after swab.
What do you guys think of this?
Also read: RM10.5K Salary, 21 Days Annual Leave & Signing Up Bonuses Offered To New SG Bus Drivers!
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...