If there’s one problem that bugs Smart Tag users, it is the faulty display screen on the side. You don’t want to spend another RM127 for a new one, but at the same time you cannot tahan the faulty display.
Thanks to these simple steps shared by this netizen, you can actually fix the problem by yourself!
Here’s what you need:
- A Smart Tag with a faulty display (duh!)
- A 2B pencil and eraser
- A screwdriver set which you can get at MR DIY for below RM10
So here’s what you need to do.
1. Remove the battery and Touch ‘n Go card.
2. Find the screwdriver with the star-shaped tip.
3. Remove the top 2 screws.
4. Remove another screw covered by the warranty sticker. You can either poke through or carefully remove the sticker with a blade first, your choice.
5. Remove the top casing. Pry gently at 3 points using a flat-head screwdriver.
6. Remove the bottom casing. Gently pry at 4 points from the BACK.
7. Remove the white plastic cover.
8. This is the switch. Use a test pen or screwdriver to reach for it when testing the device later.
9. The faulty display is the result of poor contact between the ribbon cable and your Touch ‘n Go card.
10. Scribble on the ribbon cable with a 2B pencil for 10 seconds. Be very gentle with it.
11. Place the card on the device and press the switch with a test pen. Remember to insert the battery!
12. The display should be working fine now. IF NOT, gently clean the ribbon cable with an eraser. Then repeat step 10 and 11 until it works.
13. Once the display is working again, reassemble the casing accordingly and you’re good to go! Don’t forget about the button!
If you have a Smart Tag that displays alien language, you know what to do! 😉
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...