This is just cruel!
A Singaporean couple who was sentenced to jail two years back (2017) for abusing their maid, Fitriyah has yet again been found guilty for abusing their other maid, Moe Moe Than.
The Star reported that the sales manager, Chia Yun Ling was found guilty for six offences under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.
The district Judge Olivia Low also declared that the mother of three was guilty of eight assault charges and one count of being verbally abusive to the poor maid.
In case you’re wondering, here are some of the abuses which were endured by Moe:
- She had a funnel put into her mouth and Chia forced a mixture of rice and sugar down Moe’s throat because Moe complained that she did not have enough food
- Moe was ordered to eat her own vomit after she threw up
- Chia caned Moe and threatened to hire an assassin to murder her family in Myanmar
- She forced Moe to do her chores in bra and short pants once. Wtf?
- One time, Chia asked Moe to remove her shorts and underpants to cane her because some plastic boxes in a study room were dusty
- Chia’s husband, Tay has also abused Moe by caning and kicking her while she was in a “push-up position”
- He also asked Moe and Fitriyah to slap each other after he suspected that they have removed a piece of cloth from the altar table without his permission. They were also forced to worship in front of the altar table for 100 times!
If you didn’t know, Moe Moe Than started working with the couple on 8 January 2012 and during her testimony, she revealed that she was initially fed rice and cabbage. After that, Moe was later fed only plain rice and water. The judge was quoted as saying,
“She claimed that she was hungry enough to even eat leftover banana skin from the dustbin… Fitriyah confirmed that Moe Moe Than was subsequently only given white rice, and the rice was sometimes mixed with sugar.”
Why are they so heartless?
However, Moe’s sufferings were revealed after she went back to Myanmar in 2012 and told her agent about the horrid couple. Following that, Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower was enlightened about the abuse and they arranged for her return a month later.
Then, Moe was examined at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, Singapore and they found that she has injuries which included scars on her left forearm and right wrist.
As for Tay and Chia, they have been given a bail of SGD15,000 (approx RM45,000) each and they are expected to be sentenced on 18 March 2019. We have to keep our eyes peeled for more updates on this case.
Well, we hope that justice will be served in this case because no one human deserves to be abused like Moe. It’s cruel and most certainly, inhumane!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...