Getting stuck in traffic jams can be very frustrating especially when it’s during rush hour. After all, your muscles can get quite tense after the long hours of sitting at your desk at work or even by sitting in the car during the traffic jam. Plus, sitting for too long is not good for your health.
If you feel like you’re wasting time in traffic or feel especially tired then you can actually do some light exercises while waiting for the traffic to move. Here are five exercises with step-by-step guides so you can do this while you are stuck in congestion. Please exercise with caution and only do it when your vehicle is completely stopped.
1. Neck stretches
Driving for a long period of time can be a pain in the neck, literally. Do these simple neck stretches to relieve some of that tension on your neck.
1. Look to either side and hold for five seconds, then repeat in the opposite direction
2. Tilt your head to either side and hold for about five seconds, repeat the same steps for the other side
3. Tilt your head upward and hold it for five seconds, then repeat by tilting downward
2. Shoulder roll
Follow these simple steps to relieve some of that stress on your shoulders.
1. Move up your shoulders, then roll them backward. Make sure to keep your hands on the steering wheel!
2. Lower your shoulders gently while forming a circular movement
3. Repeat the process as many times as you need
3. Forearm pushes
Sometimes, we can get so stressed or frustrated with the traffic that we grip our steering wheels really hard. So, why not just make it into a simple stretch for your arms?
1. Hold the steering wheel at 10 and 2 while keeping your elbows loose and bent
2. Straighten your elbows and push against the steering wheel, and push your back into the seat
3. Hold for 10 seconds, then relax and repeat until you are satisfied
4. Ab pulls
This is really easy to do as it’s just flexing your muscles and releasing them. It helps to tighten your core and who knows, after a few months of getting stuck in the jam, you might have six-packs! Yes, we know it isn’t that easy to get six-packs, just let us fantasise for a while!
1. Pull in your stomach tight by clenching the muscles
2. Hold it for 30 seconds, and rest for 30 seconds
3. Repeat as necessary
5. Glute clench
Often times your buttocks will feel numb if you’re sitting for too long. Relax those sore muscles by following these steps.
1. Squeeze your glutes and hold for five seconds
2. Relax, then repeat the whole thing several times
In other words, just clench and tighten your butt.
Above all else, drive safely and keep your eyes on the road. Safety comes first and never attempt anything that will distract you while driving.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...