Yesterday (28th April), multiple areas in Cheras reported positive cases of Covid-19, reported Sin Chew Daily.
Then, PDRM immediately took action by situating road closures in surrounding residential areas to control the entry and exit of affected citizens. If you’re living in the district, do take note!
SALAM SEJAHTERA, MAKLUMAN PENUTUPAN JALAN DI SEKITAR LALUAN MASUK/KELUAR TAMAN SRI BAHTERA, APARTMENT TAMAN SRI BAHTERA…
Balai Polis Cheras took to their Facebook page to inform the public on roads that will be affected by these operations:
- Jalan Batu 5 Jalan Cheras (near the Christian Cemetery)
- Road heading to Taman Sri Bahtera(near T Garden Restaurant)
- Jalan Lanchang heading to Taman Sri Bahtera (near the signal light)
Nonetheless, authorities also provided netizens with alternate routes to their destinations should their travels be inconvenienced by these closures.
To enter, residents can use:
- The roundabout at Kampung Cheras Baru heading to Jalan Kuari Bukit A Kampung Cheras Baru
- Jalan Semerah Padi heading to Bukit A Kampung Cheras Baru
To exit, drivers can take these roads:
- Taman Sri Bahtera heading to Lorong A9, Bukit A Kampung Cheras Baru
- Bukit A Kampung Cheras Baru heading to Jalan Semerah Padi and Jalan Kuari
The closures were implemented yesterday at around 10.30am, as implemented by ASP, Mohd Redzuan Bin MD Darus, PDRM patrollers, 15 DBKL staff and members of the fire department.
Authorities advise all affected road users to stay informed and use the alternative roads announced to prevent the disruption of their daily commutes.
Stay safe, guys!