How many of you are guilty of using your headphones while the phone is plugged in to the charger? Well, after reading this, you might just quit the habit!
On Sunday (18 Feb), a young girl named Luiza Pinheiro was rushed to the hospital after she was fatally electrocuted by her smartphone. This gruesome incident took place in Riacho Frio, Brazil.
According to The Sun, the 17-year-old teenager was lifeless when her body was found in her room at approximately 5pm. She was unconscious and her phone was plugged into a charger on the wall. Also, it appeared that the smartphone had been damaged by a ‘huge electric charge’.
Luiza was immediately rushed to a local hospital but sadly, they failed to bring her back. A spokesperson from the hospital said,
“The girl’s grandmother told the doctor that her granddaughter was unconscious, lying on the floor and with headphones in her ears.”
According to Luiza’s relatives, they believe that the teenager was electrocuted because the phone was charging and it was melted by a massive electric charge. Also, the headphones were reportedly melted inside her ears as well.
Moreover, it was reported that there was no rain during the time of the incident but a lighting storm was recorded.
Netizens were shocked upon hearing this news because many of them actually practise what Luiza did on a daily basis.
“I charge my phone while watching YouTube every night after I come home from work. I guess I should stop doing that now,” a netizen said.
There have been far too many cases where smartphone users get electrocuted while charging their phones. To be safe, don’t use your phone while charging guys!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...