If there’s a turning point in our former prime minister Najib Razak’s life, it has to be 9 May 2018. Following Barisan Nasional’s defeat in the 14th general election, Najib and his wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor have almost little to no privacy anymore as reporters have since ‘camped’ outside their house in Jalan Langgak Duta just to get the latest scoop of news.
However, the couple isn’t the only one who are constantly under the scrutiny of media, as their children too were cast into the spotlight. But how much do you really know about the children of this former leader of Malaysia? Let’s find out!
1. Mohd Nizar Najib
Education: Degree in Industrial Economics from University of Nottingham
- The first son of Najib and his first wife, Tengku Puteri Zainah
- A chartered accountant and a member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Has 12 years of experience in consulting and auditing in the public accounting practice
- Married to Nur Sharmila Shaheen in 2004 and now blessed with four children
- Elected as Pekan Umno Youth Chief in 2018 and vowed to restore the glory days of Umno together with his father.
2. Putri Norlisa Najib
Education: Degree and Masters in Law from University of Nottingham
- The eldest daughter of Najib and his first wife, Tengku Puteri Zainah
- Worked for British law firm, Eversheds in 2005
- Returned to Malaysia to work at Kadir Andri & Partners (KAAP)
- Left KAAP in 2015 to set up Putri Norlisa Chair (PNC Law) at the age of 35
- Currently undergoing treatment for stage 4 cancer (get well soon Lisa!).
3. Mohd Nazifuddin Najib
Education: Degree in International Business from American Intercontinental University
- The youngest son of Najib and his first wife, Tengku Puteri Zainah
- Held several top posts such as director, chairperson and founder of local and foreign companies
- Recently (July 2018) spotted hanging out with a Taiwanese actress at a fancy restaurant and pub
- Also recently got roasted by netizens for chilling in Taiwan and watching the 2018 FIFA World Cup final in Russia when his father is suffering financially.
4. Nooryana Najwa Najib
Education: Degree in Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service from Georgetown University
- The daughter of Najib and his second wife, Rosmah Mansor
- Happily married to Daniyar Kessikbayev (who is the nephew of the president of Kazakhstan) on 19 March 2015
- Tun M once said that the flowers used at their wedding venue cost about RM3 million
- Recently (June 2018) complained about her son’s bank account containing RM100 getting frozen.
5. Norashman Najib
Education: Degree in Bachelor of Sciences in Foreign Affairs from Georgetown University
- The youngest son of Najib and his second wife, Rosmah Mansor
- Once featured in the Straits Times as one of the richest Asian children who’s not afraid of flaunting his wealth
- Spotted at Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in November 2017 where he posted a selfie with one of the gorgeous ‘Angels’, Josephine Skriver
- Passionate about music and frequently shares his remixed songs on Instagram
- A famous DJ at Zouk SG allegedly got kicked out once so that Norashman could play his own set of music. Whoa!
With all of them having successfully completed their tertiary studies and graduated from university, Najib must be a proud father. Let’s hope that these siblings can stay together to pull through this trying times as their father is about to face criminal charges in the near future.
Good luck Najib!