Just recently, Hong Kong’s consumer council collected samples from 55 perfumes on the market and all of them were found to contain between four and 15 allergens.
According to Oriental Daily, the test was conducted to investigate whether the perfumes contain any of the 26 allergenic substances classified under the European Cosmetics Directive. Out of the 55 samples, 28 were Eau de Parfum, 23 were Eau de Toilette, and four were Eau de Cologne.
It was reported that Acqua Di Parma has the highest saturation of allergens, which is at 5.35% while brands like Giorgio Armani, Tiffany & Co., Chanel, Valentino, and Guerlain were reported to have around 3% of allergenic substances.
Meanwhile, Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum has up to 15 fragrance chemicals, which makes it the highest among all the samples. It is also the third most expensive item on the list as each bottle costs about RM720.
The report also stated that all tested samples were found to contain Limonene and Linalool, which are two of the 26 chemicals stated in the EU Cosmetics Regulations. These substances in small quantities alone are relatively harmless but once they are exposed to air, they will have a higher chance of causing allergic reactions on the consumers’ skin such as rashes and swelling.
As such, consumers have been urged to read the labels first and try out the tester by spraying a small quantity on their clothes, instead of on their skin. Below are the products that contain more 10 allergenic substances according to the report.
- Chanel No. 5 Eau de Parfum
- Chanel Gabrielle Eau de Parfum
- diptyque 34 Trente-Quatre Boulevard Saint Germain Eau de Toilette
- Michael Kors Sexy Ruby Eau de Parfum
- Dior J’adore Eau de Parfum
- Elizabeth Arden 5th Avenue Eau de Parfum
- Lancome Miracle L’Eau de Parfum
- Acqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile Eau de Parfum
- Estee Lauder Pleasures Eau de Parfum
- Gucci Flora Eau de Parfum
- Mon Guerlain Eau de Toilette
- Kiehl’s Original Musk Blend No. 1 Eau de Toilette
- The Body Shop White Musk Eau de Parfum
- Adidas Dynamic Pulse Eau de Toilette
- Tous Eau de Parfum
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau de Parfum
- Calvin Klein CK Be Eau de Toilette
- Hermes Twilly d’Hermès Eau de Parfum
- L’Occitane Roses et Reines Eau de Toilette
- Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum
- Zara Rose Eau de Toilette
So guys, if you’re buying perfumes for your loved ones this Christmas, please take note of this!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...