Recently, a cute video of a Malaysian Ah Ma going on an Australian adventure has caught the attention of netizens nationwide. The wholesome video shows the Ah Ma going on a road trip across Melbourne with her two grandchildren. They even went for a helicopter ride, camping and even zip lining.
Wah, that’s one cool Ah Ma! Definitely not something you see every day.
You can even spot Ah Ma learning how to ride the waves in Torquay weh! So cute!
Shared by AirAsia, the video also showcases the amazing attractions that the amazing city of Melbourne has to offer. Check out the full video here:
Melbourne is undoubtedly Australia’s most romantic city and great for building memories with your loved ones! No wonder even Ah Ma is having such a fantastic time there.
Want to know more about the amazing places and activities Melbourne has to offer? Well, here are some of them which you can actually spot from the video:
1. Snap jumping shots at Brighton Beach Bathing Boxes
Consisting of 82 distinctive multi-coloured beach huts lining the shores, these colourful structures are more than a century old!
What to expect:
- Located in the suburbs of Melbourne, the boxes were originally built for women to have privacy when changing to their swimwear.
- Take in the spectacular views of Port Phillip Bay as well as the Melbourne city skyline which is just a few blocks away!
- Each bathing boxes have its very own unique and colourful designs that make for the perfect backdrop for your Instagram stories.
- Jumping shots, in particular, looks super awesome when taken here, just like what Ah Ma and her grandchildren did!
2. Ride the thrilling shockwave zipline in Live Wire Park, Lorne
A huge adventure playground, Live Wire Park lets you climb, leap, swing, wobble and even fly through the greeneries of its surrounding eucalyptus forest. A must visit for thrill seekers!
What to expect:
- This is the first Australian theme park to go completely green as it runs on solar power, collects and treats its own water!
- The park offers four thrilling experiences which include the Canopy Circuit, the Super Circuit, the Short Circuit and the Shockwave Zip Coaster.
- One ride you absolutely have to try is the thrilling Shockwave Zip Coaster. This is one of only four such rides in the world!
- Consisting of a 525-metre twisting stretch of zip line suspended through the forest, you’re definitely in for a ride of your life. Well, if Ah Ma can do it, of course you can too lah!
3. Learn to surf the waves at the many gorgeous beaches of Torquay
The home of the world-famous Bells Beach and where the household brands such as Rip Curl and Quicksilver were founded, Torquay is the best place to catch a wave and go surfing in Australia!
What to expect:
- Bells Beach in Torquay is globally-renown for its surfing credentials. In fact, its annual Rip Curl Pro championship is one of the most sought after title by pro surfers worldwide!
- Besides surfing, the beaches of Torquay are also famed for their snorkelling vantage points such as the one at Point Danger Marine Sanctuary. Don’t worry about the name though, it’s totally safe!
- Learn to surf like a pro at any of the beaches and you’ll be riding the waves in no time. Just look at Ah Ma weh!
- Well, if water sports are just too tiring for you, enjoying a picnic with your family and a stroll down the gorgeous sandy beaches are reason enough to visit Torquay!
4. Go on an epic road trip through the Great Ocean Road
They say you’ve never really experienced Australia unless you’ve gone through the Great Ocean Road. Stretching over 243km across the south-eastern coast of Australia, the stunning views of the ocean road is unprecedented anywhere else in the continent!
What to expect:
- Be enthralled by the spectacular sight of lush forests, rugged coastline and breathtaking ocean views.
- Rent a campervan and go on an adventurous road trip with your family along Australia’s Great Ocean Road.
- One of the highlights of the scenic trip has got to be the 12 Apostles, the natural rock formations that rise up majestically from the Southern Ocean!
- The best way to experience the awe-inspiring wonders of the 12 Apostles has got to be by a helicopter ride like what Ah Ma did!
- One popular vantage point in the Great Ocean Road is Pebble Point where you can actually set up camp and take in the scenery overnight.
Another must visit place on your Great Ocean Road trip has got to be Great Ocean Road Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery, a stunning 15 acres landscape of sweet chocolaty goodness!
Here, you can get free chocolate and ice-cream tastings and even a hands-on look at the art of chocolate making. Yum!
That’s not all folks! Check out these other Melbourne attractions that will surely raise your wanderlust levels off the charts:
Go cycling the Bollards Trail of Geelong Waterfront
Go glamping under the canopy of stars at Port Campbell
Take a river cruise down Yarra River
Spot all the amazing street arts at Street Art Laneways
All of the activities and places look super amazing weh! No wonder Melbourne is regarded as one of the must-visit places in Australia. More so due to the incredible accessibility of Melbourne’s Avalon Airport which offers direct flights from Malaysia via AirAsia!
Thanks to its location near Regional Victoria, especially to Geelong and the Bellarine Peninsula as well as being just under 40 minutes to the start of the Great Ocean Road in Torquay, going through the places of interests can’t get any easier!
Furthermore, Avalon Airport also offers world-class facilities and convenience for travellers including:
- Reduced airport congestion.
- Faster immigration clearance.
- Faster baggage collection.
Wah, super convenient. I’m definitely on for a Melbourne adventure with my family!
It’s adventure time with the family in Melbourne and Surrounds! Travel from now till 30 Nov 2019 pay with Big Pay from RM449 with AirAsia
Awesome! Time to head to the land down under with the family for that epic Australian adventure in Melbourne. In fact, you can find all you need to know about your epic Melbourne road trip here!
For more information regarding AirAsia’s trips to Australia and other amazing deals, head on over to their official website here.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...