There are many people who have the bad habit of biting their nails for one reason or another and most don’t realise how harmful it is for their body as the habit has become so ingrained in their system.
Some chronic biters go to the extreme of biting off their entire nail – God knows how they do that – which can lead to serious infections of the finger.
According to Metro, a woman from Scotland shared a story that proves why you shouldn’t bite your nails!
A nail-biter friend of hers, who refused to be identified, had to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency surgery after their finger developed an infection that started travelling up their arm!
“Someone I know who prefers to remain nameless who bites their nails ended up having to get rushed to Glasgow Royal Infirmary today for emergency surgery because they had bitten their nails down too far and had got an infection in the finger,” she said.
“This person had been to two chemists and spoken to two separate pharmacists over the past few days who had advised to use magnesium sulphate and keep it covered.”
“It still got worse and when finally went to A&E this morning was told if left much longer it could have been fatal as the infection was travelling up the arm hence the emergency surgery!”
“So please please stop biting your nails!”
Along with the post, she shared several photos of the person’s infected finger. She also shared that the nail-biter was put on an antibiotic drip after the surgery.
“Surgery done and on a drip for antibiotics for the next few days and this is how it looks now p.s minus a nail on that finger which may never grow back but on the plus side one less nail for them to bite!” she said.
Damn. If you have a bad habit of biting your nails, please try to stop as you could develop an infection like this person did.
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...