Throughout the years, there have been many cases of people drugging up their acquaintances to do unspeakable things to them. Some victims have reported these incidents to authorities but unfortunately, there are definitely many that have gone unreported as well.
On 12th July, a Chinese woman posted her experience on Weibo about a male acquaintance of hers who tried to spike her drink with an aphrodisiac.
Her drink was spiked while she wasn’t looking
The woman says that the incident happened in a buffet restaurant in Shenzhen, China. While the woman was not paying attention, her male friend sneakily put some suspicious white powder in her drink. Thankfully, a waiter saw the ‘spiking’ and stood dutifully next to the table. When he saw that she was going to reach for her drink, he immediately went over to change her drink.
The woman then went to the restroom and the waiter warned her of what had happened when she came out. He kept the cup of water as proof. She even managed to take a picture of the remnants of the white powder on the table.
In the post, she revealed that she told her friends about the experience and it eventually reached the perpetrator himself. He apologised profusely and admitted to committing the heinous act. The guy even told her that he had bought the drug from America with the intention of giving it to his girlfriend. He offered to compensate her but she rejected it.
Her rationale is that if this guy walks off scot-free, who knows how many other girls will fall victim to his ploy. The police are now involved in this case and are conducting investigations.
Drink spiking isn’t something new it has been happening all over the world for quite some time now. As the proverb goes, “prevention is better than cure”. Ultimately, the blame is 100 per cent on the perpetrator but in the world, we’re living in, we can never be too careful.
- Do not drink anything that you think might be spiked, and if you see others doing so, including people you know, call it out.
- Don’t accept any drinks at all from strangers, instead, try to buy your own drinks and it will be best if you watch the bartender prepare it.
- Don’t drink anyone else’s drink other than your own.
- Avoid drink from communal jugs or cocktail bowls.
- Don’t take your eyes off your drink. If you have to leave the table (to go to the toilet, for example), ask a friend to watch over the drinks. If you can’t, then consider replacing the drink when you come back.
- Buy drinks that come in bottles with screw-top lids. Carry the bottle in your bag when you go elsewhere.
- Don’t consume your drink if you think if you’re suspicious it may have been spiked (the smell/taste/colour has changed, it is fizzing a lot and/or the straw is missing.
- Request for help from someone you completely trust or approach the manager of the place
- If you feel unwell or have been sexually assaulted, go to the authorities immediately and get checked by a health practitioner.
Remember to always stay vigilant and stay safe out there everyone!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...