Yakult Cheesecake Is Actually A Thing & Here’s The Recipe For You To Try
Even if you’re ONE per cent Asian, you’re probably familiar with Yakult. The sweet probiotic milk is everyone’s childhood favourite and the best part, it’s actually good for you!
Since we’re all “basique”, we’re probably just familiar with Yakult in its original form but this cafe in the Philippines is bringing it up to a whole new level by transforming Yakult into a cake!
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the sad state of our bank accounts, we can’t travel to the Philippines for this delicacy but not to worry! Here’s a step-by-step guide on making a delicious Yakult cheesecake from Sweetheart Kitchen.
Ingredients you need:
70g of digestive biscuits
30g of unsalted melted butter
250g of cream cheese
40g of granulated sugar
2 bottles of Yakult
200ml of whipping cream
8g of gelatin sheets
1 bottle of Yakult
3g of gelatin sheets
Several pieces of mint leaves
Now that we have everything, it’s bakin time!
1. Prepare a six-inch movable cake pan. Grease the pan with butter and place a parchment paper at the bottom of the pan.
2. Channel your seeded anger and crush the digestives until it’s powdery or you can even use a blender. Mix the melted butter solution with the crushed digestives and place it in the pan.
3. Beat the whipping cream using an electric eggbeater for about five minutes and place it in the refrigerator.
For the cheese filling:
4. Add sugar and Yakult into softened cream cheese and whisk it until there are no visible clumps. Sieve the mixture to avoid any particles whatsoever.
5. Soak the gelatin films in ice water and squeeze it. Once soaked and squeezed, place the film in hot water and dissolve it.
6. Add two tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into the gelatin solution and mix it well. Then, add the whole thing into the cream cheese and mix it until uniform.
7. Remove the cake base from the refrigerator and pour the cheese filling, pat it lightly until the mixture is smooth. Wrap it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate it for three hours. If you have any extra, why not put it into some Mason jar for a more aesthetic view!
For the Yakult glaze:
8. Similar to above, soak the gelatin film in ice water, squeeze it and heat it in hot water to dissolve it. After it cools down, slowly add the Yakult in. Sieve the mixture onto the cake and refrigerate it for one hour, preferably overnight.
9. After all this, all you wanna do is just grab a slice of the cake and lounge. But remember, before you remove the cake from its mould, warm the mould with a hairdryer.
10. This is the time to flex your creative side and decorate your cake. Either with some mint leaves or even strawberries.
This decadent cake takes only 45 minutes to whip up and serves six people.
Let us know if you will be trying this recipe and show us your products when they’re done!
Also read: Malaysian Lady Shares Famous Amos Recipe & Gets Over 200,000 Shares On Facebook!
Here’s Everything You Need to Know About PM’s PEMERKASA Announcement
Earlier this evening, Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin held a press conference to announce the new special aid package, named ‘PEMERKASA’....
PEMERKASA: Govt To Increase Allowance Limit For OKU Workers From RM1,200 To RM1,500
In today’s live broadcast by Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced that the government has agreed to increase...
PEMERKASA: Local SMEs To Receive RM1,000 Monetary Aid To Resume Operations
In today’s live broadcast by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced monetary aid to help small and medium...
PEMERKASA: RM500 One-off Aid For B40 Individuals Who Lost Their Income
In today’s live broadcast by the prime minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, he announced a monetary initiative to help those who...
Popular Massage Parlour in Subang Jaya Raided By Police Officers During Ops Noda
On 13 March, a team of police from Subang Jaya’s D7 BSJD Branch has carried out a raid on a...
Lazada Turns 9 & They’re Launching The New ‘Lazada Bonus’ Feature Plus a Line-up of Surprises This March!
Having served the Malaysian online shopping community since 2012, Lazada celebrates its 9th anniversary this year with a new ‘Lazada...
Here’s How M’sians Can Show Their Skin Some Love & Achieve Their Skincare Goals By CNY
According to facial Feng Shui beliefs, clear and smooth skin is reflective of good intentions and smooth sailing for the...
MCO: Here’s How These M’sians Managed To Thrive & Sell 6,000-8,000kg of Produce a Month Thanks To Lazada
Just a few days ago, it was announced that the MCO will be reinstated and enforced on all states except...