Choosing a field of study to major in is never an easy decision. Most of the time it’s our parents who dictate what we study because, ‘It’s for your own good’ and ‘You don’t know what you want yet in life’. For the lucky ones who had a say in what they wanted to study, choices were more steered towards following your passion. That being said, if you chose to major in mass communications you would almost never hear the end it. Despite the criticism and gasps of horror, you stuck to your decision. But it wasn’t all fun and games as people make it out to be. If you’ve chosen mass comm as your major, here are some of the things you would be able to relate to.
1. When your relatives ask if you’ve found a ‘proper’ job yet
We get it, your kids are probably off saving lives or making the world a better place through the advancements of technology, bla bla bla... But if everyone did that, who would be making those Korean and Hong Kong dramas you spend your time gossiping over? You wouldn’t have any events to go to either because there wouldn’t be anyone to plan them. See, we make your lives more exciting and entertaining.
2. When you’re rendering an edit and you see this pop-up
You just sit and pray that everything was saved and your project is okay.
3. When it’s 3 days before your main event and your main act cancels on you last minute
We can say the same for actors and actresses pulling out last minute before shoot. The struggle of finding a replacement at the very last minute is real guys.
4. The amount of drafts you have for your edits/designs/articles is just
5. When your lecturers say ‘open title’ for your video or writing assignment
You immediately pull up your bank of ideas you’ve been keeping for the perfect opportunity.
6. When it’s a group assignment but you basically run the entire operation
7. When you go and watch a movie/attend an event/read an article and you turn into an instant critic
You can’t help it. You don’t even realise you’re doing it until your friends start asking you to STFU.
8. When your files are exporting and it feels like you’re waiting for a child to be born
After all the endless revisions and sleepless nights half spent crying in the corner, you’re finally exporting the final project file.
9. When almost all of your friends have acted in your short films
And they constantly star in many of them too. Student film okay, no budget Y_Y
10. No, we don’t major in ‘Social Media’
Excuse you, but we didn’t pay thousands of ringgit to study about something that’s second nature to us in this day and age, and could easily be ‘learnt’ off Google.
11. You stress about making the right connections to secure a job after you graduate
When your livelihood depends on connecting with the right people in the right places at the right time, you over worry yourself about making a good first impression.
12. When the subject is coursework heavy but you STILL have to take a final exam worth 20%
13. First year, first semester VS. Final year, final semester
You can identify a final year student by the look of hopelessness and contemplation of life in their eyes.
14. But even after all of that, we still wouldn’t change our course for anything else
Because let’s face it, there are SO many perks that comes with the job as well. BRB busy smiling for the photo op with (insert name of famous person here).
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...