Using your mobile phone while charging is probably something really normal that most of us are used to doing but it might not be an advisable move. Tragedy struck on Friday (March 15) when a 7-year-old boy identified as Alfani Yeskiel Tuke died while he was using his grandmother’s mobile phone.
According to Tribun, Alfani was believed to have died due to an electric shock from his grandmother’s mobile phone. Apparently, he was playing with it while she was charging her phone in the living room in their home at Hane, East Nusa Tenggara in Indonesia.
His grandmother, Ruth said that she saw him playing with the phone at around 5pm before she went out to bring the cow that was grazing nearby their house. When she came back at around 6pm, she found her grandson looking like he had fallen asleep as he was lying on the living room’s floor without his shirt.
She walked over and wanted to shake his shoulder to wake him up but when she touched him, she got an electric shock. She panicked and started screaming for help which alerted one of her neighbours, Wendi Sabuna who rushed to her aid along with a few others.
Wendi immediately turned off the power supply in the house and removed the mobile phone that was still in the grip of Alfani. The incident was reported to the police who confirmed that little Alfani died due to an electric shock he received while he was playing with his grandmother’s phone. His parents, who are working in Jakarta were informed of the little boy’s death as well.
This is not the first time that something like this has happened so please do be careful when you’re charging your phone!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...