Unless you grew up a billionaire or used virtual plates exclusively, chances are you’ve washed a dish or two in your lifetime. If you’re Asian, your mother’s favourite brand of dishwashing sponge was probably Scotch Brite!
This chef, however, took his love for the dishwashing sponge to another level by actually making it into a cake or as he aptly called it, a dishwashing “sponge” cake!
In case you’re interested, here’s what you need to make the Edible Dishwashing Lemon Sponge Cake:
Lemon sponge cake:
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2g baking powder
- 135g butter
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 120g sugar
- 45g lemon juice
“Soap foam” Lemon Meringue frosting:
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 20g sugar
Now that we have everything, it’s bakin time!
1. Mix the butter (melted), sugar, salt and vanilla extract, whisk it properly. Next, add the eggs one by one and continue whisking.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder onto the mixture
3. Pour and mix the lemon juice
4. Separate the mixture into three portions
5. For 2/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of yellow food colouring
6. For 1/3 of the mixture, add a few drops of green food colouring plus a drop of black food colouring
7. Prepare two baking pans for the mixtures (the chef used an 8-inch square size pan)
8. Preheat the oven to 160 degree Celsius ( Yellow cake is baked for 15 minutes, Green cake is baked for 10 minutes)
9. Let the cakes cool down for 15 minutes
10. Spread some marmalade onto the yellow cake
11. Place the green cake on top and scrape off the green cake mildly to give it that “sponge” texture.
Lemon meringue “foam”:
1. Mix the lemon juice, egg white, vanilla extract and sugar, whisk it over a water bath.
Once, you’ve done all this, just enjoy the cake or maybe you can even prank your friends!
Let us know if you will be trying this recipe and show us your products when they’re done!
Klang Is A Red Zone But School Sessions Will Carry On, Says Education Dept
The Selangor State Education Department (JPNS) says that school sessions in Klang will still continue as usual even though the...
Police Arrest OKU Man With Pink Tag At A Supermarket In Melaka
Police have arrested a man with hearing disabilities who was wearing a pink tag. The man was arrested at a...
Kitchen Helper From Huckleberry Damansara Heights Tests Positive For Covid-19
Huckleberry Damansara Heights just reported that one of their own kitchen helpers tested positive for Covid-19. In a statement put...
PM: Interstate Travel Between East Malaysia To Semenanjung Temporarily Banned
It looks like Malaysia isn’t going into lockdown yet, but if they consider it, they’ll let us know earlier, at...
Health DG: Third Death Case Today Is 1-year-old Baby From Semporna, Sabah
Malaysia recorded an all-time high in the number of Covid-19 cases today, 691 positive cases with 688 local transmissions and...